Sunday, February 05, 2006

Pride and Prejudice

Two weeks ago, I watched the movie...which prompted me to read the book.
I just finished reading it somedays ago and I loved it.
I can't compare it to the movie for it is way better mostly because the two-hour movie couldn't depict faithfully the many months illustrated in the book!!!

It is not the subtle pride/prejudice battle that I liked about it but the whole atmosphere that is brought to life while reading it. It is a simple story but it taught me much about the 18th century.
I liked the state of dignity, politness and good manners that reigned at that time. May be today's Europe should seek back some of its 18th century education to ponder over the meaning of limits and freedom...and dignity and respect. ( yes too many "and"s..)

If you would like to have a taste of the book, have a look here: Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home